Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!

Well, I always like to start off positive, so here's some GOOD news..... I've lost 16+ pounds so far and I'm incredibly excited to see the difference, and can truly imagine what it will be like to reach my goal! I really believe that it's going to happen, and that I will be a thin, confident women come this September. Please keep praying for me - there are still times (like today, just wait - you'll understand) that I still want to slide headfirst into a cheesecake/six-pack of beer (depending on the events of the day) and I need all the support/encouragement I can get!

Also, M and I are getting along so much better! We are starting to finally communicate and identify with each other. I can't even tell you how much I truly love my husband - just absolutely adore him, and am so grateful that things might be starting to get better for us again! I've done my best to understand his perspective, and to relate to his feelings on our situation. It's taken a lot of time and effort, but I truly feel like we're finally connecting for the first time in ages! I am truly hopeful (and expectant) of better days ahead!

Now for the BAD. M was laid off from his job today. I can't say that it wasn't expected with the economy, but it was still devastating nonetheless. I will admit that I'm totally scared, but not for the reasons you might think. Worst case scenario - even if we lose our house, I can deal with that. My family is safe, healthy, and that's what matters. I'm only worried that all the progress that M and I have made in our marriage could be lost in this misfortune. The stress of money (or lack of it) has ruined many a relationship, and I am wary of it's influence. I can deal with any outcome except the loss of my husband. Please keep him (and our family) in your prayers, we really need it right now!

And, now the UGLY. Stephanie, a pregnant friend of mine (or more correctly named acquaintance), in the Junior League had her baby last Saturday. We are on the same committee, and have worked together on a monthly basis on various charity projects. Unfortunately, the day after she delivered her baby, she had some complications from labor and fell into a coma and is not expected to recover. Her family is now facing decisions on organ donation and termination of life support. I can't even imagine what her family is going through, and suddenly feel guilty for my trivial problems. It's amazing the perspective you can get when you take the time to look around. Please think of her and her family, and remember them in your prayers as well!

All of these things remind me of a great quote I came upon last week. It's still in my mind, and really means so much to me.
"Happiness doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It simply means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections." Anonymous
Right now, obviously, there is a lot to be upset about. Oh well. Instead, I choose to be happy for today and the blessings I do have. My kids are alive and healthy, my husband is finally coming back to my marriage, and I'm 16+ pounds lighter. Not so bad really. But..... just in case I lapse, please cover me and my family in prayer. Thank you so much, and God bless!



2 comments:

  1. You guys will always always always be in my prayers. Hang in there kiddo! Things will turn out just fine. Excellent quote...that will get added to my list. If you ever ever ever need me, you know where I'm at!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear about you and M doing better. but I'm sorry to hear about the lay off. If you guys can make it through all this - I have confidence you can make it through ANYTHING that life throws your way!
    And you go on with your 16 pounds girl! You're putting to shame - Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete