Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Prayers please......

Well, after getting over the original shock of M getting laid off from his job, we've finally started to adjust to things. You could say we had a brief pity party for ourselves, and then quickly moved on to figuring out what in the heck we we're going to do now (and that does NOT imply that we know, we're still trying to work that one out).

We are both very lucky, and had some great friends/family offer their support and encouragement (which has been so very appreciated - Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!). M did a ton of networking this week and has an application in at Aera Energy. He has a few different people that work there who are willing to give him a recommendation, and help out as much as they can (but we also know that the competition is stiff among those looking for a position right now - Oxy let go 7 other geologists the same day as M). He also has a few other leads and ideas, but Aera is definitely what we are hoping for. Please keep M in your prayers right now, and that his resume makes it to the right people at Aera. I'll keep updating as we find out more! :o)

My diet kind of hit the skids this week. I actually backslid, and gained a pound (Eek!) The stress in the S household was too much for me to take and I slid headfirst into anything I could get my mouth on (very bad girl). I was also victim to a glass of wine (or two) those first few days after the lay off. But, I'm back on the bandwagon, and I've been excercising at night to try to make up for my errant ways.

L is getting two new teeth (her upper molars) and has been a little fussy for a couple of days. C and T are exstatic to have M home during the days (although M in not enjoying his new "manny" duties). The house is a wreck, and impossible to keep clean because everyone is home all the time - it's making me CRAZY!

We are all headed to Visalia tomorrow to see a stage in the Amgen "Tour of California". It's a bike race, and I'm so excited to see some of my all-time heroes. I'll post pics later this week for you to see what a fanatic I am about the men in tights. Whoo Hoo!

Thats about it for now. Please keep M in your prayers and that he gets this job with Aera! We are so hopeful, but also realistic. It's a tough economy, and this will be no easy task, but anything is possible with God, right? Right! Thanks again, and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment