Anyway, keeping with the theme of new beginnings, I also thought that I would post my new years resolutions for all the world to see (or at least the 3 people who are going to read this). Somehow it seems that if I make them public, I'm suddenly more accountable. So, here are my resolutions (or more correctly named "goals") for 2009.
- To create more beautiful things (sewing projects, scrapbook pages, crafts of the season, etc.). This is one of my biggest sources of joy (outside of my family) and I've decided to make more time for it in my life.
- To commit to writing everyone thank you notes! I always say a heartfelt "thank you", but a written note is so nice (esp. in a world where all the mail you get anymore is junk or bills).
- To keep better correspondence with my family and friends that live out of town (or out of state)! Whether it's by phone (good chance), email (good luck), or an old fashioned letter, I want to do better at keeping in touch with those that I truly care about.
- To lose 1 pound a week until my birthday (that's in September Y'all). I know that's a crazy goal, but I refuse to turn 40 years old unless I can do it as a "skinny bitch" as so many of my friends would say. I also am lucky enough to attend my dear cousin's wedding that same month, and I sure as heck will not be known as the fat cousin!
- To be a better wife and mom to my adorable family! I hope this year I will be able to praise more, criticize less, laugh at the small stuff (and big stuff too for that matter), and truly appreciate how good I really have it. No questions here, I have been blessed many times over!
So, that's about it (probably too much in fact). But I really want to do my best to keep every one! Keep me in your thoughts and prayers that I can accomplish this, and keep up with the blog (another great way to keep my out-of-towners up to date on what's going on in my life).
Here's to 2009, and the great things it may bring (a size 5 sounds great!)!